perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Joe Breeden" <jbree...@ena.com>
Subject RE: Apache::DB - What am I doing wrong?
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 20:41:28 GMT
You may want to use the Apache::DProf module from CPAN -
http://search.cpan.org/~fwiles/Apache-DB-0.11/lib/Apache/DProf.pm. I
find it useful when I want to know that kind of information.

________________________________

From: Gokul P. Nair [mailto:gpnair78@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 2:39 PM
To: Perrin Harkins; Chris Werner
Cc: Gokul P. Nair; modperl_users
Subject: RE: Apache::DB - What am I doing wrong?

Well, here's the deal. I would like to view a stack trace of everything
that's being called in my web application, starting from when the web
page is loaded to browsing through the different pages. Starting with
the -X is certainly not an option in my case since the Apache server I'm
using is maintained by another dept and all i have is access to start,
stop or restart the server though a script.

I could certainly have Apache, mod_perl etc running on my own
development box and have root access to it, but the above question stems
more out of curiousity and an intention to experiment given the
circumstances, rather than having to solve some immediate problem.

Now, I could certainly use Carp::Cluck to obtain a stack trace but that
also means that I would have to 'use Carp' in every module that could
ever get called, right?

Also, since this is just an experiment, I certainly don't mind having to
write my own XS or C code. Just curious.

Thanks again,

Gokul