perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2 and libapreq2 2.0.7 segfault
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:28:08 GMT

On Mar 29, 2006, at 7:06 PM, Cory Omand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having issues with Apache 2.2 and libapreq2 2.07.  Even very
> simple tests which construct new Apache2::Request objects are
> resulting in segfaults.  I have the following server setup:

check to see if you're sending a bad cookie

are you using wordpress on safari?  a few versions will set a bad
cookie ( improperly escaped & encoded ),  and if you hit your dev box
with it - bang.

libapreq is specced to die when it tries to parse a bad cookie. but
i've found that this die often causes a segfault ( maybe 30-50% of
the time ) when its a corrupt wordpress cookie.