perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tom Schindl <tomAtLi...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: external redirect after internal redirect not working
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:14:30 GMT

> It's been a while since I set up the server but I
> think I did it because setting up the apache config
> file was easier.  And the redirect works under normal

What's the big deal, in my idea Registry is only helpful if you want to
speed up your CGI-Scripts not for new development and many times
registry creates problems because of accidentally created closures.

<Location /rocks>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler  MyApache2::Rocks
</Location>

> circumstances, but not when coming from an internal
> redirect.  What is the difference?  Is there another
> way to perform the redirect in registry mode?

Where form do you retrieve your $r?

[....]

> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/cooking.html#Sending_Cookies_in_REDIRECT_Response__ModPerl__Registry_

Take a look at the paragraph below this link and you'll see a redirect
issued from a normal handler. It looks like there's a difference between
registry and normal handlers.