perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Where's M_HEAD?
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:58:47 GMT
Tyler MacDonald wrote:

> 	My question is why HEAD == M_GET and not HEAD == M_HEAD. :-) It's
> not a problem or anything, it just seems odd and I'm curious. I guess I'll
> subscribe to Yet Another Mailing List and ask the httpd developers
> themselves. ;-)

They are identical in terms of preparing the response / response headers,
until the answer is flushed at the client.  Since apache core is responsible
for that action, it takes responsibility for discarding the response body.

This dates back eons, when and if they ever differed, it probably created
many subtle bugs where code ignored HEAD v.s. GET, and therefore didn't
provide the same response to a GET resource as it had to the HEAD request.