perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: Migrating from MySQL to PostGres -- Any mod_perl specific things I should be wary of?
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:15:11 GMT

crazy.  i used to use postgres extensively @work - my CTO was real
big on it.

we moved over to mysql when he left, because it was easier for me to
staff projects based on it, and we didn't need triggers or stored
procedures.  I had no idea about the invalid data - i just checked
some old apps, and I cringed.

sorry I was rash on the list.  i lost about 3weeks of work and ~10gb
of corrupt data because my foreign keys didn't work.  a few days into
postgres and I'm in heaven though.  super strict data validation,
error codes that are verbose and semantic, and the OS management
tools that are out there are just amazing.