perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl installation problem
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:32:29 GMT

On Mar 23, 2006, at 9:10 AM, N L wrote:

> I write on Xterm the command: perl Makefile.PL
> MP_AP_PREFIX="path to apache2 directory" (because all
> file are in the same directory). It was fine ; After I
> wanted to do a "make test" and I get this error
> message :
> waiting 120 seconds for server to start: .Syntax error
> on line 172 of
> /Users/lineneildelbosc/.cpan/build/mod_perl-2.0.2/t/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into
> server: Library not loaded:
> /usr/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib\n  Referenced from:
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so\n  Reason: image

what directory did your multi-item package install things into?

did you type in:
	MP_AP_PREFIX="path to apache2 directory"
it should be something like
	MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache2/

the message is saying that modperl/apache is looking for libphp in  /
usr/local/apache2/ -- ie: that is the root of the apache install, but
its not finding it.  thats probably because your system installed it
elsewhere - you need to pass that line in.  its also looking for
libxml2.2.dylib in /usr/local/lib/, where it wasn't intstalled as well.

i'm kind of perplexed that you were able to make this , and it failed
on the test.  it seems like you compiled it against apache right, but
set an odd basedir?

i think libapreq has bug where it uses the wrong apache  root for
make test on osx - maybe this is a variant of that?