perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Fred Moyer" <f...@taperfriendlymusic.org>
Subject Re: Re: Modperl2 question
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:04:58 GMT
[please cc the modperl@perl.apache.org list on all list response threads]

Hi yperl@club-internet.fr,

> Hi Fred!
> I'm wondering if there is a correct way to set a cookie in a
> PerlAccessHandler.
>
> I've tried something like:
>  $r->headers_out->add('Set-Cookie' => $cookie);
> and even:
>   $r->err_headers_out->add('Set-Cookie' => $cooki
>
> whithout success.
>
> I need to add the cookie if doesn't exists and leave in the request  if it
> exists.

There's a few recipes here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/cooking.html#Sending_Cookies_Using_libapreq2

How are you generating $cookie?  You'll likely want to add the cookie in
any case, to update certain values or timestamps, I can't think of a case
where I haven't done so.  You may want to look at Apache2::AuthCookie
which is a fully functional module to do exactly this.

> Any idea?
> Younes

[...]