perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
Subject Re: Database transaction across multiple web requests
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:01:26 GMT
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:47:37 +0200
Issac Goldstand <margol@beamartyr.net> wrote:

> Granted, I use a few MySQL features for this; I'm not sure if LIMIT
> exists in postgresql, and I'm fairly sure that the SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS
> directive (which will return the total rows in a select statement
> regardless of the LIMIT directives) doesn't...

  PostgreSQL has LIMIT... it's a SQL standard.  And I don't really see
  why you would need SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS unless you where going to
  show the total number of pages.  For simple Next/Previous paging
  you just keep going until you fall off the end.

  If you need to get a count you can just do a count() on a particular
  column without the LIMIT and get a total.

   Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>
   http://www.wiles.org