perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Raghunath Verabelli <iamv...@yahoo.com>
Subject Perl/Apache - multiple threads/processes question
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:24:41 GMT
Hi All:

I am new to Perl/Apache world, any suggestions
regarding my below question is appreciated.

I have a web application (say A) developed using
Perl/CGI and running in Apache web server.
Now I have a need to develop another application (say
B) running asynchonously to update some of the
tables being used by application A.
Assuming B is developed in perl/CGI, any ideas how A
can communicate to B when running in Apache?
Does perl support inter process communication?
or Will they be considered as separate threads in
Apache? Does apache support that?

Any pointers/comments on how to proceed?

thanks in advance,
Raghu