perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
Subject Re: Migrating from MySQL to PostGres -- Any mod_perl specific things I should be wary of?
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:46:19 GMT
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:26:41 -0500
Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-list@2xlp.com> wrote:

> I've found large need to migrate from mysql to postgres
>
> Are there any mod_perl specific things I should know about?
>
> I'm not referring to SQL traits or DBI differences, but any little
> tricks  or odd things that might happen when using the pg dbi under
> apache

  Nothing comes to mind. I've used PostgreSQL for all of my mod_perl
  apps since I first started using mod_perl years ago without any
  problems.

  You'll definitely want to read up tuning PostgreSQL as it's default
  configuration isn't optimal on most current hardware.

   Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>
   http://www.wiles.org