perl-modperl mailing list archives

From mboc...@carleton.edu
Subject building mod_perl against multiple apache's, make test fails looking for apr.so
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 05:02:01 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to set up a dev box with both apache 2.0.55 and 2.2.0 .
Since I've got both, I didn't want to set /usr/local/http-2.0.55/lib in
my /etc/ld.so.conf since then the 2.2.0 binaries might look at the
wrong APR (well.. that's my guess).

I tried:

perl Makefile MP_APXS=/usr/local/httpd-2.0.55/bin/apxs
MP_APR_CONFIG=/usr/local/httpd-2.0.55/bin/apr-config

It builds without error. Make test fails a number of places because it
can't find apr.so.

If I set /usr/local/httpd-2.0.55/lib in ld.so.conf, or set  SETENV
LD_LIBRARY_PATH then all is well, but then what about 2.2.0?

If mod_perl is running under a particular apache as a dso then does it
just inherit the right apr and the make test is nothing to worry about?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Matt Bockol
Web Technical Administrator, Carleton College