perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: DBD:Pg (Postgres) + Apache::DBI
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:48:22 GMT
On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 17:29 -0500, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> I'm not even seeing an explicit rollback on the good handle, which
> makes me think something odd happened on my config

Here's my guess -- are you calling you DBI->connect() on every request?
If you don't, Apache::DBI won't work.  I've seen people put their $dbh
in a global or closure, not realizing that they have to call
DBI->connect at least once at the beginning of the request to trigger
Apache::DBI.

If this is all making you annoyed with Apache::DBI, just make your own
cleanup handler that does a rollback.  It's easy to do, as long as you
have a simple way to get the database handle.

- Perrin