perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: APR::* + PerlResponseHandler + Reading Cookie
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:15:20 GMT
> As usual, I'm facing another problem.
> I'm playing with APR::* module like you suggested me (Fred, ) in your
> first email.

I suggested a few different methods, this this just the one I use.  As
Perrin pointed out in a different thread a few days ago, the performance
gain of this module is overshadowed by other operations for most cases,
and some of the othe solutions may be faster to implement.

> I successfully send a cookie using APR::Request::Cookie (like described
> in the doc), but I did't know how to read that cookie from a
> PerlResponseHandler.
>
> The problem is that the doc doesn't tell how to simply create a
> APR::Request from an Apache::RequestRec? Or how to create a jar object
> from Apache::RequestRec?

I use the Apache2::Cookie wrapper which encapsulates the APR::*
packages.  The Apache2::Cookie package shows the details of what goes on
under the hood, which sounds what you are looking for.

use Apache2::Cookie;
my $j = Apache2::Cookie::Jar->new($r);
my $c_in = $j->cookies("foo");

Hth,