perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Migrating from MySQL to PostGres -- Any mod_perl specific things I should be wary of?
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:49:06 GMT
On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 15:26 -0500, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> I've found large need to migrate from mysql to postgres
>
> Are there any mod_perl specific things I should know about?

Were you using transactions with MySQL?  If not, you'll need to learn
about that, and probably use Apache::DBI to do automatic rollbacks at
the end of every request.  You also may need to learn about isolation
levels (who can see what changes when), but I think the default
PostgreSQL one is what you usually want in a web app.

- Perrin