perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject RE: Apache::DB - What am I doing wrong?
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 20:00:39 GMT
On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 13:54 -0600, Chris Werner wrote:
> I don't think that is what he was asking... He asked if there was a
way to attache the
> DEBUGGER to a specific pid; he did not address the issue of getting
the correct input to
> that pid.

The one isn't much good without the other.

In theory, something elaborate could be done with signals in order to
tell the debugger to activate (you'd have to write some XS code), or you
could put something in the URL that triggers it in a handler, but you
still have to send a request to that specific process.

In short, it's a lot of trouble.  What's the problem you're trying to
solve, Gokul?  Restarting with -X is usually not a big deal for a
developer.

- Perrin