perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@fcc.ro>
Subject Re: 2 versions
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:43:34 GMT
From: "Richard Kelsch" <richard.kelsch@napster.com>

> > Is it possible to have 2 versions of perl that use mod_perl and
libapreq?

> Yes.  You just need to tell your new perl what path to live in when you
> build it.  I think the option is named "PREFIX."  Same for apache, and
> make sure you use the right perl when you build mod_perl.

Ok, but if I will do this, it will overwrite the old mod_perl because I want
to use it with the same Apache version. Or is it possible to specify
the --prefix and use the full path including the name of the mod_perl file
that will be created?
If that file will have a different name than the default one, will it be
found when installing Libapreq or other modules that use mod_perl?
Thanks.

Teddy