perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Mark Galbreath" <Galbrea...@gao.gov>
Subject Re: A question for the newbies
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 23:19:13 GMT
This was a cool interjection of cosmic coincidence.  I'm sitting here reading the 4th Edition
of "Learning Perl."  I wore the other editions out.  I have "Learning Perl Objects, References
& Modules" on the shelf right next to me.

Thanks for the great reads (and the sense of humor) over the years, Randal!

Mark

>>> Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn@stonehenge.com> 17-Feb-06 18:12:42 PM >>>

Frank>   Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that the
Frank>   first couple of versions of PHP were written in mod_perl.  Then
Frank>   again I could be suffering from sleep deprivation! :)

>From what I recall, the *first* version of PHP was a simple CGI-Perl
script.  I don't think mod_perl was ever involved.