perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "will trillich" <w...@serensoft.com>
Subject Re: A question for the newbies
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:54:23 GMT
On 2/16/06, Clinton Gormley <clint@traveljury.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that a lot of people new to mod_perl and
> to Perl have joined this mailing list recently.

i'm a perl hack, not all that comfy with the myriad modules available,
but can make it do what i need.

as for php, it's a nice language, in no small part due to its grammar
being so perl-like. my theory is: php arose because pete (isn't that
the first P in PHP? pete's home page?) wanted a module built in to
apache that would do some variable-swapping and iterating -- since
mod_perl wasn't available at the time, php was born.

that's my theory, anyway, and i'm sticking to it.

i certainly don't detest php (even made some money off of php) it's
just that i just like the thoroughness of perl much better.

--
will trillich
"Their iz ate errers in these sentance."