perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Chris Hamilton <...@home.compucafe.com>
Subject Build problem 'make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target static from dependencies.
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:15:14 GMT
I am trying to build mod_perl-2.0.2 on AIX 5.2 using the xlC compiler.
I have successfully compiled a static version of PERL 5.8.7 and Apache
httpd-2.2.0.

First I ran perl Makefile.PL and when prompted entered the path for apxs
(/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs)
I then ran the make and got an error
"modperl_sys.c", line 65.2 1506-205 (S) #error "modperl_sys_dlclose not
defined on this platform"

Looking in this source module I found an #ifdef MP_SYS_DL_AIX around the
code used to define this function.
I added MP_CCOPTS=-DMP_SYS_DL_AIX to the command line and ran:
perl Makefile.PL MP_CCOPTS=-DMP_SYS_DL_AIX and entered the path to apxs
when prompted. This time I got a lot further, but now I'm stumped.

The make goes for quite a long time building just about everything, when
it stops with the following error:

'make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target static from
dependencies.

This error occurs right after the archive
../../../blib/arch/auto/APR/PerlIO/PerlIO.a has been successfully built.

I really need to get this built. Any help is much appreciated.

CAH.