perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl2 DBI handle freshining problem solved "once and for all"...
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:58:11 GMT
Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> Apache::DBI and DBI's connect_cached both claim to keep your database
> handles fresh and happy, but I've had numerous problems trying to get either
> of them to work properly. If a database connection is dropped, sometimes I'd
> have to refresh the page two or three times before the "internal server
> error" goes away and my webpages are happily reconnected to the database
> again.

I've never seen Apache::DBI or connect_cached return a dead handle.  I
have had problems in the past with forking apps where I get back a
handle that still pings but has been shared across processes so it no
longer really works.  Were you doing something with forking?  Or maybe
opening handles during startup before apache forks?

- Perrin