perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Todd Finney <tfin...@boygenius.com>
Subject Re: Apache::Session::MySQL lock troubles
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:51:56 GMT
At 04:29 PM 2/26/2006 -0500, Todd W wrote:
>using pre and post statment warn()s, I found that the line that causes the
>hang is:
>
>       eval {
>       tie %{$session}, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $session_key,
>        { Handle => $dbh, LockHandle => $dbh } ;
>      } ;

When this happens, what does `mysqladmin processlist` tell you?

I had a similar problem with freshly installed debian sarge box a couple of
months ago.  I'd attempt to tie the session, and the process would
hang.   `mysqladmin processlist` would show "SELECT
GET_LOCK('Apache-Session-[numbers])".

I poked around for clues, and saw a few other posts that indicated that it
might be a scoping problem.  Nothing in my code jumped out at me,
though.  Besides, the exact same code has been running on another
production box for at a few years now without a problem.

I was in a hurry, so I just moved to another machine and carried on.  I
haven't gotten back to look at it yet.