perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Alan Bailward" <arcte...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the current templating / perl engine of choice?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:06:20 GMT
Hey all, just wondering what the "current" technology for templating
and mod_perl is?  A few years ago it was embPerl and HTML::Mason and a
few years before that it was "pure" mod_perl, or running cgi's under
perl::register.

I'm thinking of redoing a couple of sites and was wondering if I'm
going to throw away my circa-1998 cgis, where should I move to?  The
last "new" site I built was html::mason on apache 1.3, and from the
looks of it, there are still some issues running this under apache
2.0.  Of course, this is probably because the net in general is still
running under apache 1.3.

I know that AJAX and ruby on rails and the like are new technologies,
but I'm wondering more about perl and templating and making database
connected sites quickly and easily and most importantly, separating
work from presenation layer (I have 4000 lines of pure mod_perl that
uses print() to create the html.... bleah :)  Hence my excitement at
finally moving a site to Mason :)

Thanks all.

Alan

--
Alan -=|=- http://arcterex.net
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket