perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Alan Bailward" <arcte...@gmail.com>
Subject file upload without apache::request
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:58:25 GMT
Hey all.  I have an old system I inherited which is about 4000 lines
of "pure" mod_perl under apache 1.3, not using apache::request at all.
 I've been asked to "just" add file upload capabilities.

Looking at it, I thought I could change the code to add
enctype="multipart/form-data" to the <form> tag and then in the for
submit process create the Apache::Request object and then deal with
the uploads that way.  Unfortunately it looks like adding the enctype
to the form tag makes it so the way I get the form arguments not work:

   my %params = $r->method eq 'POST' ? $r->content : $r->args;

My question is twofold:

 - is there a way to do file uploading without apache::request under
"pure" mod_perl?
 - if not, does apache::request affect anything other than the way to
get params, so could I simply mung the apache::request parameters (
my @params = $apr->param(); ) into the %params that the 4000 lines of
code is expecting from the current pure "use Apache;" methods.

TIA.

Alan

--
Alan -=|=- http://arcterex.net
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket