perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan <jvana...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: Apache::Session::MySQL lock troubles
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 23:24:03 GMT

fyi , you can also see that in a regular mysql client

	show processlist

this could also be a pure mysql problem.  mysql is a fast db, but its
got some weird bugs.

i kept having issues with a collation matching problem on a table,
because I needed to change the column defaults from latin_swedish_ci
to utf8_general_ci .
toggling table defaults or db defaults wouldn't do a thing.  neither
would creating/dropping the col, table or db.
apparently its an issue with the way mysql stores and alters column
definitions, and doesn't overwrite or update them properly.   the
only known fix ?  delete & reinstall mysql at that version, or
upgrade from 4.x to 5.x

so i upped to 5.x.  which actually solved a few other weird issues i
had.