perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jeff Pang <pa...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Broken pipe
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:04:04 GMT
>From the 'Practical mod_perl' book,

When a user presses the Stop or Reload button, the current socket connection is broken (aborted).

If the reading of the request's data is completed and the code does its processing without
writing anything back to the client, the broken connection won't be noticed. When an attempt
is made to send at least one character to the client, the broken connection will be noticed
and the SIGPIPE signal (Broken Pipe) will be sent to the process. The program can then halt
its execution and perform all its cleanup requirements.

So I think you should be careful to handle the "User Pressed Stop Button" case.
Also see here pls:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/debug.html#Handling_the__User_pressed_Stop_button__case