perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Foo Ji-Haw" <jh...@nexlabs.com>
Subject Re: read query params
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 04:17:29 GMT
That's hard to say. I've been using mp2 professionally, and so far installing libapreq2 has
been pretty painless; both on Win32 and FreeBSD platforms. Win32 is pre-packaged, so it's
quite predictable. FreeBSD's version is compiled from source, but still it's problem-free.

You really need to get libapreq2 working if you want the easy way of extracting POST/ GET
params.

Your main grouse is not with mp2, but rather your problems in INSTALLING libapreq2. So shooting
mp2 will not solve your problem. I'm sure there's someone in this community who can help you
out, if you ask nicely. :)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: M J
  To: modperl@perl.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 1:22 AM
  Subject: read query params

  I'm very disappointed regarding the mod_perl 2 documentation and changes that have been
made.
  I'm searching for several hours already how can I read the query params using only mod_perl2
API.
  I had problem installing libapreq2-2.06-dev and I'm tired to debug that library.
  I want to use mod_perl2 API to do the simplest job possible: read the parameters sent using
GET or POST. I am looping around and I did not find a clear example or explanation regarding
this.
  I can use $r->args() but then I need to split that string in order to get my param value.
I doubt that this is a good solution.

  P.S.
  With the modification that you made for mod_perl2 you will loose a lot of perl programmer
and I doubt that you will get new ones.

  M J