perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: Apache::DBI question
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 03:21:17 GMT

On Jan 13, 2006, at 10:06 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> I'll add this to my list of Apache-DBI things to look at ... but
> that won't be for about 10 days.... or so....
Thanks.

> Have you looked at HandleError/RaiseError combo?
Yeah, I came across that after posting.  That should do most of what
I need.

Its a really  peculiar thing - apache::dbi does the automatic
rollback at the end of scripts which is great for keeping things
clean -- but if you die for another reason and don't do a rollback,
you can get that implicit commit on the next request serviced by the
child.  and that's just confusing.  it took me 2 days to figure out
thats what was happening.