perl-modperl mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Found it !!! Why is my apache parent process growing...
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:45:09 GMT
On Jan 3, 2006, at 10:29 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> -Dusemymalloc=y is the default for lang/perl5.8
> Also, the previous example had this same setting.
>
> I'll try a manual compile with it off at some point.

FWIW, I found that turning off Perl's malloc() prevented segfaults in
mod_perl 1 on Solaris. This was about 5 years ago. I guess I
shouldn't be surprised that this is still an issue. I personally
never use mymalloc for this reason.

I thought that this was supposed to have been fixed by better-tuned
makefiles in 5.8.x., though.

Best,

David