perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: [MP2] possible pnotes bug?
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:11:20 GMT
John ORourke wrote:
> Torsten wasn't changing the value pointed to by $ctx, he was changing
> $ctx - therefore it looks like pnotes actually stores a reference to the
> scalar you give it, instead of the actual scalar itself as the docs
> imply.  So I'd say it's a doc bug, but I'd prefer pnotes to store the
> actual scalar instead.
You are correct.

from:
xs/Apache2/RequestUtil/Apache2__RequestUtil.h::
SV *mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_pnotes(pTHX_ request_rec *r, SV *key, SV *val)

    retval = *hv_store(rcfg->pnotes, k, len,
                                SvREFCNT_inc(val), 0);

The reference count is being increment to val which is the value being
passed in.

Feel free to submit a documentation patch that would alleviate
confusion.

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."

"I wanna hold ya till I die ... I wanna hold ya till the fear in me
subsides."