perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Re: [MP2] possible pnotes bug?
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 19:22:02 GMT
Torsten wasn't changing the value pointed to by $ctx, he was changing
$ctx - therefore it looks like pnotes actually stores a reference to the
scalar you give it, instead of the actual scalar itself as the docs
imply.  So I'd say it's a doc bug, but I'd prefer pnotes to store the
actual scalar instead.

Torsten - for a workaround try not re-using $ctx until it's gone out of
scope, like this:

                $r->content_type('text/plain');
                {
                        my $tmp={one=>1,two=>2};
                        $r->pnotes('x',$tmp);
                }
                {
                        my $tmp='nothing';
                        print Dumper($r->pnotes('x'))."\n------------\n";
                }
                print Dumper($r->pnotes('x')); # prints the same hash