perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Apache core dumps on loading mod_perl
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 04:43:47 GMT
Mike Schilli wrote:
> FreeBSD 4.10.

This is a well kown issue.

ITHREADS are just not going to work on the 4.x series... You'll have to
upgrade to at least 5.3..  Likely 5.4.  I'd really recommend
reinstalling from scratch or doing a bin upgrade as I don't think you'll
be able to cross the 5.2.1 -> 5.3 boundrary do to signifigant changes in
the build process internals.  Other option is to compile perl without
ithreads.  It will be siginifigantly faster anyway.

If you straight upgrade via /usr/src, make sure you edit
/etc/libmap.conf
to link against libpthread.so instead of libc_r.so

Given this new insite, this core dump now makes sense:
  #4  0x2062e7aa in ioctl () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4

BOOM!

P.S.

   If you haven't guessed, I'm a FreeBSD contributor and bin fan :)

   Had I read it closer, I could have guessed you were on FreeBSD pre SMPng!

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."

"I wanna hold ya till I die ... I wanna hold ya till the fear in me
subsides."