perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Found it !!! Why is my apache parent process growing...
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:47:42 GMT
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 16:46 +0100, Len Kranendonk wrote:
>> I found it !!!
>>
>> Issueing an "apachectl restart" (or kill -HUP) make the apache parent
>> process size grow !
>
> This was a well-known issue with mod_perl 1.x built using DSO.  I never
> use graceful restart because of this.  I thought 2.x got rid of this
> issue though.  You could try making a static build and see if that fixes
> it.

I was thinking of this one
add a perl bug workaround: with USE_ITHREADS perl leaks pthread_key_t
on every reload of libperl.{a,so} (it's allocated on the very first
perl_alloc() and never freed). This becomes a problem on apache
restart: if the OS limit is 1024, 1024 restarts later things will
start crashing [Gisle Aas <gisle@ActiveState.com>, Stas]

but my PERL is unthreaded so thats not it.

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."