perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Found it !!! Why is my apache parent process growing...
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:01:08 GMT
Len Kranendonk wrote:
> Philip, as you're using FreeBSD too, could you confirm this ?

vegeta# apachectl start
vegeta# ps -aux | grep httpd | grep root
USER        PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ   RSS  TT  STAT STARTED   TIME COMMAND
root      50770  7.5  2.7 16828 14180  ??  Ss   10:55AM   0:00.30 httpd
vegeta# kill -HUP 50770
vegeta# ps -aux | grep httpd | grep root
USER        PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ   RSS  TT  STAT STARTED   TIME COMMAND
root      50770  1.7  3.3 19840 17120  ??  Ss   10:55AM   0:00.71 httpd

For reference, thats FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
httpd 2.0.55 prefork apr not threaded
perl 5.8.7 w/o ithreads
mp2 svn

Each time I do it grows, a stop/start would be a temp work around.

I recall there being a leak in restart somewhere.  Stas was the one that
noticed it originally .... so he would probably know more.

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."