perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Newbie help with Apache2::Request configuration
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:39:06 GMT
Jeff Armstrong wrote:
> I still can't seem to get this to work: the Apache error.log says:
> This file is not one of the files in the Debian manifest for
> libapache2-request-perl. Are there any special build options I need to
> generate this handle.al?
I would strongly urge you to build it from SVN.  The Debian packages are
pre-rename last I heard.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html

In brief:
PERL -MCPAN -e install 'ExtUtils::XSBuilder'

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/apreq/trunk apreq2-trunk

cd apreq2-trunk

./buildconf --with-perl=PERL --with-autoconf=autconf ....

PERL Makefile.PL --with-apxs=APXS --with-expat ....

make all test docs install install_docs

HTH

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."