perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [MP2] possible pnotes bug?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:02:56 GMT
On Tuesday 10 January 2006 16:28, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> > On Monday 09 January 2006 21:11, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> >>Feel free to submit a documentation patch that would alleviate
> >>confusion.
> >
> > How about that?
>
> for the record, this behavior is the same across mp1 and mp2.  although I
> don't recall anyone being confused by this in mp1 land, it might be nice to
> expand the docs there as well.

Nevertheless, I really think it is a bug, since it provokes action at a
distance. Suppose

my $x="something";
$r->pnotes->{x}=$x;
&harmless_looking_function( $a, $b, $x, $y );

If harmless_looking_function() changes $_[2] the outcoming pnote would not be
what you expect.

Hence, IMHO it should be fixed in the code not in the docs. The provided
module (Apache2::SafePnotes) is only a workaround not the solution.

Torsten