perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Apache::DBI and DBD::Pg
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:06:11 GMT
On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 16:06 +0000, Peter Haworth wrote:
> I haven't tested any of these, since I haven't needed to change the isolation
> level since the bad old days of Illustra, when "read uncommitted" was
> necessary to even approach reasonable performance on our horrible system.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who ever had to use Illustra.

For InnoDB users, I definitely recommend switching from "repeatable
read" to "read committed", since it behaves the way most people would
expect (i.e. you can see other people's committed data without having to
issue a commit yourself).

- Perrin