perl-modperl mailing list archives

From JT Smith ...@plainblack.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl 2.0 $r->content and how to integrate GET, POST, multiple select data
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 04:05:46 GMT
I think this would get you what you want.

my $r = shift;
my %form;
foreach ($r->param) {
    $form{$_} = $r->body($_) || $r->param($_);
}

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:32:37 -0500
  "Ashtanga Yogi" <ashtangayogi@lycos.com> wrote:
> In http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col66.html (a recent intro to mod_perl by

>Randal Schwartz),
> he shows how to preserve query parameters which might be listed multiple times by
>calling $r->content
>
>  use CGI;
>
>  my $q = CGI->new($r->args . $r->content);
>  my @name = $q->param("name");
>
> However, ModPerl::MethodLookup shows ->args() as part of RequestRec but not ->content
>
>For my mod_perl development, I really had no interest in using CGI.pm at all, but, the

>2.0 docs on mod_perl don't seem to currently have any examples of getting GET and POST

>data as well as multiple select query data, so I decided to try this approach. And I
>certainly don't want a piece-meal approach in mod_perl: I want to make one API call
> and provide one query parameter and get back what I want, regardless of location.
>
> So, the 2 questions are:
>
> 1 - how to get the above method using CGI to work under mod_perl 2.0
> 2 - how to drop the above method and use something in mod_perl 2.0 which is just as
>convenient
>

> --
>
> Search for businesses by name, location, or phone number.  -Lycos Yellow Pages
>
> http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10

JT ~ Plain Black
ph: 703-286-2525 ext. 810
fax: 312-264-5382
http://www.plainblack.com

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. ~ Adam Savage