perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "JupiterHost.Net" <mli...@jupiterhost.net>
Subject Re: mailing list does NOT work
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:41:52 GMT

Formhandle wrote:

> I don't know who that guy is but did you know the mailing list
> unsubscribe feature does not actually work?
>
> It's a bit frustrating trying to get off the mailing list.  So when the
> unsubscribe feature is broken, and the only thing the list members can
> do is point to procedured which are broken, it gets to be frustrating.
> Nobody providing the canned responses of "here are the unsubscribe
> features" have bothered to check whether those features are actually
> working or not.  They are not.

I see. In that case, since most people don't want to test the
unsubscribe mechanism for someone assumedly too dumb or lazy to try it,
they should specify what the problem:

"I've tried emailing unsub@mylist.com from mylist@ddre.ss and get the
confirmation that its unsubscribed but am still getting list emails at
mylist@ddre.ss. Is there another way to get unsubscribed or can the
moderators assist me"

intead of an ignorant sounding SCREAMING pointless rant spam to all the
subscribers who have no control over their ignorance and can't read
theri mind that the mechanism has been tried and its failed and can only
suggest a course of action based on common sense.

Still, I beleive its moot in this case since the same email was sent by
two "people". IE its a phishing mail and not a real request.