perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Helmut Zeilinger ...@hzlabs.de>
Subject mp2 Apache won't start under ssh
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:44:30 GMT
Hi all,

Apache with mod_perl starts and stops normaly from
a linux console.

Commands:

/usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
/usr/sbin/apache2 -k stop

But when i am logged in in the system by ssh from a remote host  (as root)
the second start/stop-cycle fails => the apache process seems to "hang".
The problem does not occure by doing "ssh localhost".

The "pstree" command shows no apache child processes.
I have to kill the hanging apache2 process manually.

An initial (1.) start succeeds, but no further starts are possible.

When i try to do this without mod_perl - by commenting out
..
LoadModule perl_module    modules/mod_perl.so
..
- everything is normal again.
(I removed  all other Perl related directives from the httpd.conf file.)

The Apache error log file provides no information concerning this
problem.

Software:

linux 2.6.14
perl 5.8.6