perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan <jvana...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: Solving mod_perl scalability issues for lots of slow connections
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:26:39 GMT

I fwd'd this to a friend with commit access to twisted.  hopefully
i'll get a response on clarification.

But from what I understand, the Twisted networking framework works
like this:
	The twisted 'reactor' is single threaded.  It uses select by
default, you can use poll.  The docs suggest that one can specify a
multithreaded reactor, but I'm not quite sure.
	The docs also specify a threadpool, and it seems that the deferred
callback system has been implemented into it.

CherryPy is a http server framework for python, and that supports a
single or multi threaded server mode.