perl-modperl mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tyler MacDonald <ty...@yi.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl 1.29 and apache 1.3 segfaults
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 03:32:31 GMT
Jon Keller <jon@650.co.nz> wrote:
> I'm trying to build apache 1.3.34 and mod_perl 1.29 on a debian 3.1 
> machine and whenever mod_perl is loaded apache segfaults at any type of 
> request.

	I had a similar problem with Apache2 and mod_perl2. It drove me
absolutely nuts. When I changed my code to use $r->print instead of just
"print", the problem went away.

	Then my friend matthias' scripts started segfaulting after a debian
"apt-get dselect-upgrade". He solved his problem too, in a bizzare way.
Instead of calling

	print $cgi->header,

	He just did:

	print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";

	And the problem went away.

	Now that I've seen you have this problem... if either of the above
solutions apply to you, please let the list know what works... I used to
think it was something quirky about our homebrew apache/mod_perl
configurations (build scripts attached), but it could be something weird
with debian or just with how apache or mod_perl in general interact with it.
I'm starting to think it's more debian's fault, since you're using apache1
and we're using apache2.

	- Tyler


Mime
View raw message