perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tyler MacDonald <ty...@yi.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl and multi user environment - clashes with other users's data
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:25:50 GMT
Senthil Nathan <rsennat@gmail.com> wrote:
> in the multiuser environment, everyone login to the page and their
> respective profile gets displayed. after every click, other user's data also
> gets aappended to this current view for the user, which is not the expected
> one in mod_perl.
>
> the same piece of code cgi/perl works very well on apache 2.(without
> mod_perl). only the respective user's profile can be viewed.
>
> so the problem arises only with mod_perl for sure.
>
> how can this be resolved???

	I can't be sure without seeing your code, but it sounds like you are
using a global variable to store the data that the users are seeing. If you
change it to a my() variable instead, things should work fine. You should
probably audit your code and make absolutely sure that any
user-or-pageload-specific variable is a local variable, otherwise you could
facing other rendering and security problems as well.

		- Tyler