perl-modperl mailing list archives

From KartheeK <karthee...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Preestablish database connection during httpd process startup--HOWTO??
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 06:51:06 GMT
Ooops, ignore the other mail, I replied to a wrong one, here goes the right one:

  Hi,
  Meanwhile, I tried the same thing on a Mandrake-10.1, And Guess What!!! No Errors in my
httpd logs..... Now, the question is How Can I prove my Boss and to myself that I have established
mysql connection during httpd process start up....
  is there any way??

   I tried this,
   I stopped mysql server
   I Restarted httpd server, but surprizingly it came up without any problem, ideally it should
have thrown out a error so as to say that It could not establish a connection with mysql(since
the server is down)
  What should I conclude, Am I successfull In establishing the connection??

  Regards
  KartheeK

Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com> wrote:
  On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 07:41 +0000, KartheeK wrote:
> I am Using a Trouble ticketing System- OTRS it is running on mod_perl,
> I am trying to configure " Preestablish datababase connections" During
> httpd process startup

Okay. Are connections working when you don't try to use connect_on_init
()? What version of mod_perl are you using? Please include the
information requested here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

> I have configured the "apache2-perl-startup.pl" as follows:
> ====================================
> use Apache ();

Why did you do that? I don't think there's ever a need to explicitly
"use Apache".

> Can't locate Apache.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-
[...]
> Therefore I Included the file Apache.pm
> From:
> “/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-
> multi/DBI/ProfileDumper/Apache.pm”
> To: “/opt/otrs”

No! You can't just copy ANY file named Apache.pm there. It is looking
for a specific thing.

It looks to me like this whole installation is messed up. Does it work
for you aside from this one thing?

- Perrin