perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Detecting request cancellation behind proxy servers
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:26:25 GMT
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 09:02 +1000, Badai Aqrandista wrote:
> Actually, the locking I meant is the Apache::Session's lock. I am guessing
> that A::S lock blocks the second page to be loaded if the first page hasn't
> finished loading.

I know, but you don't have to use that if you are storing the sessions
in a database.  There is a risk of lost updates (i.e. last save wins)
but no risk of data corruption.  So, if what you're storing in the
session can handle the possibility of a later save from the interrupted
page overwriting session data, you don't need the lock.  Look at the
NullLocker class in A::S.

- Perrin