perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jeff Ambrosino <jbambros...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bucketbrigades with html filter
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:16:02 GMT
I think the only conclusive answer is to try both and benchmark
them...  there may be some generalizations one can make about memory,
hook/subroutine invocation overhead, etc., but ultimately you need to
test both methods to see which is faster.  And please share your
findings if you decide to do this!

JB

On 10/20/05, eps com estem <ggerard@mixmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Before this function i was not worrying about the possibility to have broken tags in
this
> handler. I say this because perhaps it is me, but i think to observe that now the output
> is appreciably slower.
>
> What's your opinion about to create a big bucket? As i understand, buckets were indeed
> created to manage small pieces of info. I am doing the against. Is it very inefficient?
Do
> you suggest me to work on a streaming-approach?
[...]