perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: registry agony continues...
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:59:25 GMT
On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 15:10 -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> Today, I'm getting registry errors on my friend's virtual host using
> ModPerl::Registry on mod_perl 2.0.2:
>
> [Thu Oct 27 14:59:44 2005] [error] Global symbol "$class" requires explicit
> package name at /usr/share/perl5/HTTP/Request.pm line 16.

Well, we know there's nothing wrong with HTTP::Request on CPAN, so
either you have a messed up copy of it there (no idea why this would
happen), or something is wrong with your system at a pretty low level.
Possible problems include compiling mod_perl against a different Perl
than the one currently installed on the system, or something at an OS
level.

Can you try this on another system?  That would tell you whether or not
there is truly anything wrong with the code, or if you should be looking
at reinstalling this system.

- Perrin