perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Kurt Hansen <khan...@charityweb.net>
Subject Re: Apache2::SOAP newbie
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:07:15 GMT
John ORourke wrote:

> A little OT, but has anyone got any experience or examples that use
> Apache2::SOAP or some other means to create a mod_perl SOAP server?
>
> I'm rushing headlong into SOAP development and (as one does) tackled
> something nice and big for my first project - a Perl SOAP server that
> receives and sends MS .NET DataSet objects as parameters!

Hi John,

I recently got a SOAP::Lite client running and had some problems when
communicating with a .NET server. The .NET server did not take too
kindly to the XML SOAP::Lite was producing. Not sure if there was some
standard being violated -- though I'd bet the violator is in Redmond, WA
if there is one --, but I found the following article helpful:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsoap/html/soapliteperl.asp

The issue was with two things. One, I had to do something to "on_action"
as noted below. The article has a different solution. Two, the Windows
server did not like the XML that SOAP::Lite produced. Specifically, it
was the data that the Windows server could not read. SOAP::Lite produced
  XML that added a namespX: at the front of the data tag, e.g.

<namesp2:SOMENAME DATANAME xsi:type="xsd:string">data</DATANAME>

while the Windows server expected:

<DATANAME xsi:type="xsd:string">data</DATANAME>

Strangely enough, I can't re-create what was going wrong right now so
what you see above is partially from memory.

I implemented the suggestions in the above article and it started working.

Take care,

Kurt Hansen
khansen@charityweb.net