perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: a faster html::template?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:39:19 GMT
On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 10:53 +0800, Foo Ji-Haw wrote:
> I'm a happy user of HTML::Template on my mp2 setup. But when it comes
> to performance, I notice that to populate a loop of some 1500 records,
> the system takes 2-3 seconds on my P4 2GHz machine.

Populating the loop happens before running HTML::Template.  Are you
saying that your code to set up the data is too slow, or that running
HTML::Template after setting up the data is too slow?

> I tried to load the template with 'cache=>1', but the performance
> improvement is not much.

It makes a big difference in the actual template processing speed.  It
will not make any difference in the speed of setting up your data
though.

- Perrin