perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Foo Ji-Haw" <jh...@extracktor.com>
Subject Re: Why does my MP2 crash intermittently?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 03:16:43 GMT
Hello Mike,

You are right. I automatically assumed that this is a MP2 problem, when actually it is a Windows
issue!

The strange thing is, that I'm already running on SP4 of Windows 2000. This problem should
have been resolved by then. It is true that I do load lots of stuff via a db call. But normal
contiguous calls to the page does not return errors; the error seems to be quite unpredictable.

I wonder if the problem will go away in Windows 2003...

Did anyone else face this issue as well? Or is it just me?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike OK
  To: Foo Ji-Haw ; modperl@perl.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:04 AM
  Subject: Re: Why does my MP2 crash intermittently?

  Hi

      Looks like you should have done a Google search.  The problem looks to be an operating
system error.  Here is a quote from the Microsoft Knowledge base (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=262490)

  "This behavior occurs because the operating system does not allocate a large enough buffer
for the maximum string length permitted. When the data is greater than the buffer size, the
Winlogon service terminates abnormally and your computer generates the error message. "

  Gotta love Microsoft eh???  Mike