perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Justin Luster" <jus...@sawtoothsoftware.com>
Subject Do I need Apache2::RequestUtil::request( )?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:17:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm still struggling with trying to understand how Mod_Perl 2 works.
All I want to do is to have a regular Perl script run under Mod_Perl
just to speed it up.

In the past, in Mod_Perl 1 I've used this:

sub PrintHeader

{

if ($ENV{'PERL_SEND_HEADER'})

{

                        print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n";

}

else

{

            my $r = Apache->request;

            $r->content_type('text/html');

            $r->send_http_header;

}

}

I then read the documentation where it says:

Apache->request has been replaced with Apache2::RequestUtil::request( ).

There is also some other documentation in that section that I don't
quite understand.  In testing and messing around with this in Mod_Perl 2
I've noticed that the simple

print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n";

just works.  My Apache configuration looks like this:

<Directory C:\Apache2\Apache2\htdocs\develop>

            Options ExecCGI

            AddHandler cgi-script .pl

            AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

#For ModPerl Only

            <IfModule mod_perl.c>

            <Files ~ (\.pl)>

                        SetHandler perl-script

                        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry

                        Options ExecCGI

                        allow from all

                        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders

            </Files>

            </IfModule>

</Directory>

I'm thrilled if:

print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n";

just works.  But I want to make sure I understand it and that it is OK
before releasing this.

I'm just using ModPerl::Registry to speed regular Perl CGI scripts up.
The code needs to work with regular CGI, Mod_Perl 1, Mod_Perl 1.99, and
Mod_Perl 2.

And by the way $ENV{'PERL_SEND_HEADER'} does not seem to exist any more.
Is this not available in Mod_Perl 2?

How do detect:

PerlOptions -ParseHeaders?

Thanks for your help,